Mr. Independent


Well, he's gone and done it. Dylan is potty-trained. He's actually been using the potty for about a month now - I just haven't had time to blog about it until now. He's been ready for some time; it was me that needed the training. I couldn't figue out how I was going to help Dylan go pee-pee when inevitably he always had to go when I was nursing Noah. But I decided that Noah could sit tight with the binky while Mommy and Dylan took care of business. It was high time to get rid of the diaper. Buying diapers for two kids gets awfully expensive, let me tell ya.
So one day (May 11th) we started our morning without any underpants at all. That didn't last very long because seeing his son run around the house half-naked with his family jewels hanging out sort-of freaked out Darren. So we put on his big boy underpants (Thomas the Tank Engine, to be exact) and I vowed to not leave the house until he was potty-trained. It only took two days!!
We clapped and sang and gave hugs and candy and cheered with every single poopie. Pee-pee was praised too, but the poopie got a big cheer. Ah yes, the precious moments. . .ha ha! I never thought I'd be so happy about wiping a kid's butt.
Anyhoo, now he's using the potty like a big boy and even wants to put on his underpants all by himself. Sometimes he doesn't get the underpants on quite right, but he's so proud of himself when he gets them on, that I just don't have the heart to tell him he's wrong. I can't believe how fast the time goes! My little independent Dylan.

3 Comments:
HOO-RAY!
Yay for Dylan & his mommy! Still waiting for that moment here.
Way to go Dylan! Knew you could do it, buddy. :D
Post a Comment
<< Home