Big D & Tammy Family

This blog is devoted to sharing pictures and stories of our boys with our family and friends. Occasionally you might find a post about something other than Dylan or Noah, but don't count on it!

May 06, 2007

Jake AKA The Pussycat Killer


Well, the dog made it home! I went looking on the county's pound website on Friday and I found Jake. There was his mugshot, plain as day. I was so excited I started crying and yelled for Darren to come and see. I wrote down his prisoner ID and off we went to bring him home.

Did any of you know that the pound is really Doggy Jail? It really is. Once we got there, we had to be escorted to a special "Quarantine" section of the pound that was behind a locked gate. When we arrived in front of Jake's kennel, he had a sign that said "AGGRESSIVE." Aggressive? My dog? The dog that doesn't even bark? Well, come to find out, our dog really didn't take too kindly to being arrested, so he became "vicious" and threatend to bite the officer trying to catch him. So the officer pepper sprayed Jake. Oh, and did I mention he was also jailed for killing cats? Actually BG and Jake did the killing, but BG got away and ran home, leaving Jake to take the rap for both. As the lady at the front desk read off Jake's charges, Darren and I just stood there in disbelief. Oh, and we also got an actual ticket. A citation for our dog - an infraction, not a misdemeanor, FYI. Jake was cited for "running at large." I don't know yet how much the ticket is, but the officer told Darren and I that it would be reduced if we went to court. AND Jake is on probation. If he gets loose again and kills within the next 36 months, then we have to go to some special hearing for bad dogs, or something like that.

Hey folks, you can't make stuff like this up. This is all quite true. : )

The officer also told us that the owner of the deceased cat was quite traumatized, and really, I can understand that. I mean, she found her kitty in the mouth of one of my dogs. That had to suck. But just how traumatized is she? Enough to go downtown to pick up the police report (yes, they really did file a report), look us up and sue us for pain and suffering? Hey, it could happen! Let's just hope that since the cat was only 8 months old, the owner didn't develop a really stong bond with it. Hopefully she'll mourn her loss by going out and picking up another kitty. One that she'll keep in the house this time.

All in all, I am very happy to have my murderous dog home. But if he ends up costing us thousands of dollars in legal fees, he may end up being the one murdered!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Tracy said...

Sounds like Jake and Calle can have a pow-wow on the art of cat-killing.

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home