Big D & Tammy Family

This blog is devoted to sharing pictures and stories of our boys with our family and friends. Occasionally you might find a post about something other than Dylan or Noah, but don't count on it!

February 01, 2007

First Blood



So you see that previous post below that says I have nothing to post? Well, I lied.
How could I forget that the inevitable had finally occurred. A momentous event that a parent will never forget. At 27 months and 28 days of age, our precious first-born son drew serious blood.
Being the big boy that he is, he was outside in the garage helping Daddy put away the Christmas lights. (OK, so we're a little behind in that area - big deal.)
One of Dylan's favorite things to play with in the garage is our treadmill. That great big expensive piece of exercise equipment that we purchased more than two years ago to motivate me to lose the baby weight. (Insert hysterical laughter here.) It may be unplugged and gathering dust, but at least I don't hang laundry on it.
Anyhoo, Dylan the Monkey likes to swing on the sidebar of the treadmill. He was doing just that when, according to witnesses (AKA Daddy) he swung out too far, came back in, let go and slammed his head and face into the sidebar.
So you see before you now pictures that only barely capture the aftermath of the accident. Note the large bump protruding from his forehead as well as the fat upper lip. The blood came from the lip. For the rest of the night Dylan spoke with a pronounced lisp. It was both heartbreaking and funny.
Dylan. I feel as though he has gone through a rite of passage. Blood has been shed. He is now a boy, no longer a toddler, no more a baby. (Sigh!)

4 Comments:

Blogger Tracy said...

Poor little guy! I hope he handled it well...(more importantly, I hope you handled it well!)

11:26 AM  
Blogger Tammy & Darren said...

I initially did NOT handle it well. I stood back and yelled at Darren demanding to know where the blood was coming from and how bad it was. Only when it was determined that nothing was broken and that no stitches were required did I dare approach and offer my poor baby some comfort! I was FREAKED out, I tell ya.

2:20 PM  
Blogger mabella said...

Thanks for sharing. No matter how hard we try, we somehow can't take away the pain that happens from just being alive and active. We hope that he is recovering well without scars!

1:19 PM  
Blogger brooke said...

Poor thing! You are so lucky to have made it that far before the first true accident. I can't even recall the first time it happened to the boy.
-Brooke

5:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home