4th of July
Well this 4th of July was Noah's first outside of the womb. And guess what? He slept right through it. But not Dylan! He was all hopped up on ice cream cake and Sierra Mist and rarin' to go. But the thing about a sugar high is, when it wears off, it's instant.
Notice the sequence of photos. . . .
Good Times.
We celebrated the holiday at my mom's house, along with my sister and her family. We got a late start on the fireworks show due to the fact that it was freakin' hot and who wanted to go outside in 100+ heat when we could stay inside and play Nintendo Wii?? Eventually we saw that the sun was going down, so we mosied our way out into the darkness. Darren and I invested $125 in fireworks to show our boys a good time. And nothing sends a better message to kids than, "Hey Son, check this out! In the next 30 minutes we're going to pollute the hell out of already bad air and play with fire!" WOO HOO! Sign me up!
All in all, it was a good day. And I think it's important to educate our boys on the significance of holidays. So we sat Dylan down and told him about how our forefathers fought for our independence from the Dutch way back in 1395. And it was Betsy Ross who invented the firecracker, and when we won the war Betsy and all her friends e-mailed everbody and told them to light a Piccolo Pete in honor of our victory. That's why the Piccolo Pete is the most popular firecracker today. I think Dylan understood, and I am so glad that I can pass my knowledge on to him so that he can get a successful start in his education.
Ha Ha!
Happy Birthday America!! : ) : )

1 Comments:
What a fun night! I'm not sure what was more entertaining...the fireworks or Dylan! heehee
Post a Comment
<< Home