DISNEYLAND! ! !
The Happiest Place on Earth. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT. And the White Family went there this past Tuesday. YES! I luvs me some Disneyland. But wait a sec - this isn't about me. Duh. It's about Dylan's first trip to Disneyland. It was also Noah's first time, but he's very likely not going to remember it. But Dylan had a great time, so I think these memories will stick.
We drove down the day before so we wouldn't get stuck in traffic. And the hotel I booked was directly across the street. We walked out of our room, less than a half block to the crosswalk, walked across the street and right into Disneyland. Perfect! Slightly warm day, and no lines! Maximum 20 minute wait on the kiddie rides. Oh, except for the new Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage. Yikes. That line was gnarly and they weren't allowing any FastPasses. Forget it. Oh, and the wait for the big rides? NONE. Walked right on to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Matterhorn, Indiana Jones, Jungle Cruise, and my personal fave, Space Mountain.
Dylan loved it all and Noah was a perfect angel the whole darn day. Here's a pic of Mommy and Dylan riding the Astro Orbiter. Dylan's first ride at Disneyland:

And here's a shot of how absolutely captivated Noah was by It's A Small World:

As a kid I think everyone remembers It's A Small World as such a wondrous ride. I know I had that memory. Um, yeah. Go on it as an adult and you leave it wanting to knock some heads off of those little happy dolls. Anything to shut them up. WOW. And then the song is in your head for days afterward. Good times.
This one is also from It's A Small World. It's what Dylan thought of the ride:

Can you believe it? He slept through the whole thing. Amazing. That music was loud and constant. And he literally slept like a baby.
Here's what Dylan thought of his cool Mickey Mouse ears:

Not diggin' the ears. That's one unamused kid right there.
OK, stay with me. Just a couple more pictures. Here's the whole family. This was taken the night before we went. We're taking in all the cool sights of Downtown Disney:

And finally, the best shot of all. My boys outside the Tiki Room. The cutie on the right with the apple is Cousin Corey:

What a great day. What great memories we made!

3 Comments:
Your boys are cute and all, but damn, girl, you look good in that picture! Disneyland suits you!
so jealous. took the boys last year for their first visit & now I want to go back. You look fantastic & your boys are gorgeous. what did they think of the Tiki Room? S totally rocked out for almost the whole show. :)
That is one fantastic family photo of the four of you! I'm glad you guys had a great time.
Post a Comment
<< Home