School Boy
Dylan had his very first day of preschool on Tuesday, September 4th. Sigh. He's not my baby anymore!
Darren and I had pumped him up about school for the past couple of months, so he seemed to be ready for the big day. I got up early, and got myself ready. Darren even went in to work late so that he could see his boy off to school. I had bought Dylan a new shirt to wear, and I even ironed it so that it looked nice and crisp and new. Then I packed his lunch in his brand new Thomas the Tank Engine lunch pail. Well, nowadays they aren't "pails" but more like soft cloth things with zippers. (FYI, it was a turkey and cheese sandwich, goldfish crackers, juice box and a small cookie.) Once Dylan got a look at his lunch pail, there was nothing else he wanted to do but walk around the house and hold it.
Then it was time for photos. Dylan let me take about 4 or 5 shots, then he was done. He was ready to go. Once we were in the truck and on our way I took more pictures at each stop sign. I couldn't help it! He's starting school!!!


Isn't he so handsome and all grown up?
Sending your firstborn off to school is a very emotional thing. Darren and I hung around in his classroom, but Dylan was just fine and said, "Bye Mommy! Bye Daddy!" Obviously that was our cue to leave, so we did. I had to hold back tears, some of which did come out, and even Darren was doing a lot of throat-clearing. But, we hovered just outside the door and watched him for a while. He wasn't quite ready to let go of his lunch pail (AKA security blanket). Every time his teacher would take it from him and put it in his cubby, he'd realize it was gone and go get it. It was pretty cute.
Eventually Darren and I tore ourselves away from the door and left. Darren off to work, Noah and Mommy home. I tried to keep busy while I was at home, but I found myself watching the clock and hoping those 4 hours would fly by. They didn't. : )

1 Comments:
awww. I so do not look forward to that mileston. good thing he isn't potty trained yet & my mom is home schooling for now. hugs!
Post a Comment
<< Home