Wearing Paint
The other day the boys and I were in the party store looking for invitations for Noah's upcoming birthday. The birthday party theme aisle is loaded with all sorts of different themes one can do for one's male child. Don't even get me started on how much over the top crap there is for one's female child. It really is much more nauseating than the "boy" aisle. The entire "girl" aisle would have made Tracy scream in horror and then form a protest outside the store.
Anhoo, I digress.
My point to this story is that while I was looking, Dylan found the Thomas the Tank Engine section. The same section I basically bought out only a couple of months ago. Only now, they had something new. Watercolor paint books. Do you all remember these things? I can't believe that in all these years, these little watercolor books haven't changed. Still the scrawny little paint brush, still the palate of colors encased in flimsy plastic. Dylan went nuts. "PAINT, MOMMY! PAINT!!" He can hardly contain himself. I agree to purchase it, only because I want to expand and encourage my brilliant son's creativity. : )))
I still have doubts about letting my kids get dirty, and I know that this paint thing is going to be nothing but messy. BUT! I am trying to let that go because my husband informed me that an inmate at his prison who is serving life for murdering his family said that as a child his mother refused to let him get dirty. So I am trying to let my kids get dirty and be OK with it so they won't come back in 20 years and kill me.
So here is my dirty boy, enjoying his paints.


And let's not forget my Noah! Here he is, giving Mommy his most flirtatious smile.

2 Comments:
omg! how cute are both of them. I am still glad that somebody else supervised the boy's first finger painting (in the tub in just a diaper). looks like a good time for all.
I love it!
Post a Comment
<< Home